KM&M takes great pride in its commitment to "giving back" to the legal and business communities we service. The firm represents a diverse array of charitable and non-profit organizations nationwide. This aspect of our practice provides a valuable benefit to entities that likely could not otherwise obtain affordable, top-quality legal representation. At the same time, the firm's attorneys benefit from the opportunity to perform community service. For example, our work on behalf of these clients creates valuable training opportunities for our associate attorneys and summer associates.
KM&M has provided its services on a pro bono basis to a variety of charitable organizations, including The Legal Aid Society (a not-for-profit organization that provides free legal services to more than 300,000 indigent New York City residents each year) and Grosvenor House (a member of United Neighborhood Houses of New York, providing residents of Manhattan Valley with year-round educational, career-readiness, cultural, recreational and counseling services). The firm also represents a host of other charitable and non-profit organizations, including:
- The American Civil Liberties Union (the nation's largest public interest law firm, whose mission is to protect civil liberties);
- Victory Schools (a private manager of public schools, responsible for opening the first charter school in New York State, the Sisulu Children's Academy in Harlem);
- Cardinal McCloskey Services (a not-for-profit, social service agency which provides millions of hours of services for children, families, and developmentally disabled individuals); and
- Police Athletic League (PAL provides camps, adventure learning, sports programs, and numerous other programs designed to engage children and improve their quality of life).
In addition to representing many non-profit organizations, KM&M attorneys also serve actively on numerous bar association committees and legal advisory boards, including:
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities Committee of the American Bar Association;
- Labor and Employment Committee of the New York State Bar Association;
- Sex and Law Committee of the New York City Bar Association;
- Construction Law Committee of the New York City Bar Association;
- New York University School of Law Center for Labor and Employment Law Advisory Board; and
- Practising Law Institute's Labor and Employment Law Advisory Committee.
Finally, the Firm's attorneys serve as volunteer arbitrators and as volunteer mediators of employment disputes.
Over the years, KM&M has been publicly recognized for its commitment to community service, most recently by The Legal Aid Society.