KM&M takes great pride in its commitment to “giving back" to the communities we service. The firm represents a diverse array of charitable and non-profit organizations nationwide. This aspect of our practice provides a valuable benefit to entities that likely could not otherwise obtain affordable, top-quality legal representation. At the same time, the firm's attorneys benefit from the opportunity to perform community service.
KM&M has provided its services on a pro bono basis to a variety of charitable organizations, including:
- The Legal Aid Society (a not-for-profit organization that provides free legal services to more than 300,000 indigent New York City residents each year);
- The American Civil Liberties Union (the nation's largest public interest law firm, whose mission is to protect civil liberties);
- Victory Schools (a private manager of public schools, responsible for opening the first charter school in New York State, the Sisulu Children's Academy in Harlem);
- Cardinal McCloskey Services (a not-for-profit, social service agency which provides millions of hours of services for children, families, and developmentally disabled individuals); and
- Police Athletic League (PAL provides camps, adventure learning, sports programs, and numerous other programs designed to engage children and improve their quality of life).
In addition to representing many non-profit organizations, KM&M attorneys also actively serve on boards of charitable organizations and on numerous bar association committees and legal advisory boards.