The articles listed below have been published within the last six months. If you would like to view all articles published by KM&M attorneys, please view the Article Library.
- December 27, 2021U.S. State Department Announces Relaxation of Non-Immigrant Visa Processing for Temporary Workers and StudentsIn a welcome development the State Department announced on Saturday that consulates are now authorized to waive in-person interviews for certain non-immigrant visa applicants whose employment-based petitions have been approved by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- December 27, 2021The Biden Administration has announced that it will end the travel restrictions on eight southern African countries that were put in place in November.
- December 23, 2021
- December 17, 2021
- December 6, 2021Effective immediately, all travelers two years of age or older who are flying into the United States will need to present a negative Covid test (or documentation of recent recovery from Covid) taken no more than 1 day before air travel.
- December 3, 2021After the new Omicron variant was detected in South Africa and other countries last week, President Biden announced that the US will restrict travel from South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Lesotho, Eswatini, Mozambique and Malawi.
- November 8, 2021Ray McGuire Honored for His Role as Managing Director of the Contractor’s Association of Greater New York, Inc. in 2021BTEA Celebrates the Achievements of the Construction Industry and Leaders like Kauff McGuire & Margolis Partner Ray McGuire for Their Leadership in Transforming the Industry in 2021
- November 2, 2021The Biden Administration has released new guidelines regarding the lifting of the travel bans for international travelers.
- October 15, 2021The Biden administration announced this morning that the country-specific travel bans that have been in place since 2020 will be lifted on November 8, 2021.
- October 6, 2021Each year, the U.S. government makes available 55,000 permanent resident ("green card") visas to individuals from countries with low rates of immigration to the U.S. (see below) who have at least a high school diploma or its equivalent, or two years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation requiring at least two years of training or experience.
- October 6, 2021
- September 20, 2021The Biden administration has announced that it will lift international travel restrictions for fully vaccinated travelers starting in early November.
- September 14, 2021
- August 27, 2021The US Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) has announced that, effective October 1, 2021, all green card applicants will be required to provide proof that they have been vaccinated against Covid-19, and that they have received the Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
- July 29, 2021On July 29, 2021, the US Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) announced that it has conducted a second selection round for H-1B lottery registrants after the first round of selections did not yield enough approvals to reach the numerical quota for H-1B visas.