- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 1968
- B.A., City University of New York, 1965
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second, Third, Fifth, Seventh and Ninth Circuits
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- American Arbitration Association (Arbitrator – Employment Law Panel)
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America (2013-present)
- New York Metro Super Lawyers (2015-present)
- AV preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell
Ronald (“Ronny”) Kreismann represents employers in all aspects of labor relations and employment law. Clients include major national and international hospitality companies;
notable cultural institutions; and employers in the real estate, telecommunications, financial services, publishing, and maritime industries. Ronny frequently serves as chief spokesperson in client collective bargaining negotiations and represents them in proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board. He also represents clients in arbitrations and the defense of employment discrimination claims in state and federal courts and before administrative agencies.
Ronny counsels clients on a range of employment matters, including wage and hour, equal employment opportunity, family and medical leave, and in all areas of federal, state, and local labor and employment law.
As an arbitrator and mediator on the American Arbitration Association Employment Law Panel, Ronny serves as a mediator for employment discrimination and wage and hour cases for the Southern and Eastern District Courts of New York.
Ronny is a member of the Labor and Employment Section of the American Bar Association and the Labor and Employment and Alternative Dispute Resolution section of the New York State Bar Association. Regularly recognized as one of the Best Lawyers in America (2013-present) and one of the New Metro Super Lawyers (2014-present), Ronny also has an AV preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
He joins Kauff McGuire & Margolis from Ogletree Deakins, where he served as the New York office managing partner. Prior to that, he was the managing partner of Paul, Hastings, Janofsky & Walker’s New York office. He is a graduate of Queens College of the City University of New York, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in Economics. He graduated from Brooklyn Law School in 1968.
- Successfully represented an information technology company in a Department of Labor national wage and hour overtime claim.
- Won summary judgment in the Southern District of New York in a case alleging discrimination on the basis of race and religion.
- Successfully represented a national fast-food restaurant chain in proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board, resulting in the dismissal of unfair labor practice allegations and representational proceedings.
- Successfully represented a major cultural institution in a sexual harassment litigation in the Southern District of New York, resulting in the dismissal of the complaints.
- Lead counsel in countless arbitrations involving issues of just cause discharges and contract interpretation issues.
- Lead counsel in numerous NLRB proceedings, including ALJ hearings, exceptions to the NLRB, petitions for review before the Court of Appeals.
- Lead counsel in injunction proceedings in the Federal District Courts to enjoin strikes and job actions.
- Extensive involvement in Union representation campaigns serving as lead counsel in proceedings before the NLRB.
- Lead counsel in a large complex state court wage and hour litigation.