- J.D., cum laude, St. John's University School of Law
- B.S., Economics, University of Pennsylvania
- New York
- Second Circuit, SDNY, EDNY
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Member of the Bar and Historical Society, Supreme Court of the United States
- American Bar Association (Section on Labor Relations)
- Bar Association of the City of New York
- Co-author, Recent Developments in the Law of Unjust Dismissal, Practising Law Institute, 1987-88
Harlan J. Silverstein
Harlan Silverstein has handled numerous administrative proceedings, principally at the National Labor Relations Board, and litigations in federal and state courts, involving wage and hour disputes, allegations of discrimination and harassment, and disputes over restrictive covenants.
Harlan has been lead counsel in several high profile National Labor Relations Board unfair labor practice trials, and before various arbitral tribunals, including dozens of labor arbitration cases at the American Arbitration Association. He has participated in several federal court trials involving allegations of employment discrimination and harassment. Harlan has also represented clients in a wide array of labor relations matters, including organizing campaigns, strikes, collective bargaining negotiations, unfair labor practice proceedings, arbitrations and wage and hour litigations.
Harlan is admitted to practice before all state courts in New York and before the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, the Second Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court. In accord with KM&M's commitment to preventive law, Harlan also provides day-to-day counseling to several long-term clients on all labor and employment issues.
Harlan attended the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, where he received a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics in 1982. Harlan then attended St. John's University School of Law, graduating cum laude in 1985. Later that year, Harlan began his career as an associate of Kaye Scholer Fierman Hays & Handler in New York City, in the firm's Labor and Employment Law Department. Harlan joined KM&M in 1987 and has been a partner since 1994.
- Recent Developments in the Law of Sexual Harassment, Brooklyn Women's Bar Association, 1996
- Panel Speaker on Sexual Harassment in the Workplace, Women's Bar Association of the State of New York, 1998
- Managing E-mail and the Internet in the Workplace, Brooklyn Women's Bar Association, 1999
- Comparative Study of the Law of Sexual Harassment in Ireland and the United States, Transatlantic Perspectives on Labor and Employment Law Conference, sponsored by University College Dublin and St. John's University School of Law, 2000